Saturday, November 9, 2013

Knowing how to cook

Today McKenna and Izzy, (and our Moms) went shopping. So Felicity and I were home alone with Anna! We thought that it be nice to do some work for them.
Felicity and I wanted to surprise our Moms by making dinner.
 "Let's make a Pizza!" Felicity said.
 So I went to look for the ingredients, "We have cheese. I don't see the red sauce, but I found Ketchup, it looks the same. I don't think we have any pizza dough, but we have pie crust." I said, "I mean, what's the difference?"
 "Nothing! Let's start making!"
 I put it on the pan. "It looks right" I thought.
 "I want to put on the sauce because you got to put on the batter!"
"What's the magic word?" I asked.
"Please!"
 Then we both added the cheese because we couldn't decide who's turn it was. We put it in the microwave since it didn't fit in the toaster.
"You know what's wrong with it? It looks like a pizza." it took me a minute to realize what I had just said.
We both started to laughing.
 While it cooked we ironed some clothes.
"I think ironed that for a bit to long." Felicity said looking at the dress that had a hole in it.
"Let's check on the pizza" I  suggested, not wanting to think about what Mother would do when she saw this.
 "It looks done!" Felicity said happily.
 "Do you want to try it first?" she asked.
"Uh, do you?" I asked.
"Anna! She like about everything!" Felicity told me.
"Awesome idea! Why don't you hold her and I'll feed it to her!"
"OK."
 "I've got her!" Felicity told me as I cut a piece.
"Time for tasting little chick-a-poo!"
 For a minute she just sat there then...
 She started crying loudly.
"Sorry honey!"I said truthfully thinking about what I had done."Poor little pooch, she's probably be having digestion problems."
 "I'm going to try it." Felicity said looking at what we had made.
 "That's disgusting!" she said as she spit it into the sink.
 "F.Y.I., T.M.I.!" I said aloud.
 (For Your Information, Too Much Information.)
"I'll try it too! I mean how bad could it be?"
But after one bite, I spit it into the sink just like Felicity.
Then my phone rang, "Hello, this is Kit!"
"Hi, this is Mom. How is it there honey?"
"Uh... fine!" 
"Alright, call me if you need me! Bye then!"
"Bye!"
"Oh dear, we'll be home at about 4:30. Bye!"
"Felicity, my Mom said that she would be home in 10 minutes!"
(11 minuets later)
 "It's Kit's fault!" Felicity yelled.
"'My fault'? It's your fault! You made the hole in the dress!" I yelled back.
  This went on for about 1 minute or so, but then we both felt sorry about the mess that we had made and helped clean it all up. But luckily I got soda as a reward for helping! Then we got Little Caesars Pizza!
Yum!
I've learned: If it looks the same, it doesn't mean that it tastes the same.
Also: It's never too late to say sorry.
We didn't take the picture of the pizza because we ate it so fast and nobody wanted to take the picture.
We found the picture of the pizza on the web. 

3 comments:

  1. Just so that you know, the pizza was awesome!
    -Kit
    (The one from Little Caesars).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit, I totally can relate to you! I tried to make cookies once, but it was a contemplate failure (if you don't remember, I blogged about it here: http://thesaltysadollblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/my-backing-disaster.html).
    ~Chrissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I liked that post loads!
    -Kit
    (Still)

    ReplyDelete